Just how big of a jazz fan are you? Below are twelve facts about George Duke, Marcus Miller, and David Sanborn. This jazz trio will be taking the Fraze stage this summer. Match the fact with the correct musician and see how high you score!
1. This musician contracted polio when he was 3 years old.
2. Arranged and produced the song “Let’s Hear It For the Boy” (Footloose).
3. Was a member of the Butterfield Blues Band.
4. Hosted the musical television show, Night Music.
5. Was awarded Best R&B Keyboardist by Keyboard Magazine.
6. Toured with his idol Miles Davis for two years.
7. Won his first Grammy with the album Voyeur.
8. Produced the album Voyeur.
9. Played a street musician in the 1988 movie Scrooged.
10. Was the Music Director of the “Soul Train Music Awards” for 11 years.
11. His music education started with the recorder at age 8.
12. Studied at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music.
(0-2) – Novice
(3-5) – Intermediate
(6-8) – Apprentice
(9-12) – Professional